When Windows 10 is installed, it stores the name of the person to which it is licensed and his organization. You can see them in “About Windows” dialog:
You might want to change these values to something else. Unfortunately, Windows has no user interface to change them, but here is a workaround.
To see the current values for the operating system you are using, you can do the following.
- Press Win + R shortcut keys on your keyboard.
- Type the following in the Run box:
- The “About Windows” dialog will be opened. It contains the information we are looking for:
Now, let’s see how to change it.
How to change the registered owner in Windows 10
This can be done with a simple Registry tweak. Follow the instructions below.
- Open Registry Editor.
- Go to the following Registry key:
Tip: you can quickly open the Registry editor app at the desired key. See the following article: How to jump to the desired registry key with one click.
- Here, modify RegisteredOwner and RegisteredOrganization string values. It is clear from their names what each parameter is used for.