The Windows activation error code 0xC004D302 indicates that the security processor has reported that the trusted data memory has been reactivated.
The error 0xC004D302 can be very large and each number represents a different problem. In order to use these “codes” to correct the wrong thing, a thorough investigation is necessary.
Here are some possible causes of this error:
1. changes in the default permissions of “C:ProgramDataMicrosoftCryptoRSAMachineKeys”.
2. Corruption in license files. (Tokens.dat)
3. If you have executed the slmgr.vbs /rearm command and are trying to execute another activation command (for example /dlv or /dli) before restarting, this error will occur. You must restart slmgr.vbs /rearm after using the command before attempting activation.
If you always omit the 0xc004d302 error code in your Windows system, your system may have much bigger problems that will ultimately have serious effects on your PC. However, the 0xC004D302 error should not be ignored, as the possible result may be a slowdown or a complete crash of a computer if it is not fixed.
Run the SFC /scannow command
System File Checker(SFC) is a Windows utility that allows users to search for corruption in Windows system files and recover corrupted files. Here’s how to use it:
Step 1: Open a high command prompt or Windows PowerShell.
Step 2: At the command prompt or in Windows PowerShell, type the following command and press Enter.
It will take some time to execute this command. When the scan is complete, the scan results are displayed, it is possible that “Windows resource protection found no integrity violations”. You can close it and solve your system problem with other methods.
Execute Diagnostic Tests with Error Checking Tool
The error checking tool can be used to check for file system errors and bad sectors on the hard disk.
- Open My Computer and select the local hard disk you want to scan.
- On the File menu, click Properties.
- Click the Tools tab.
- Under Error Checking, click Check Now.
- Under Check Disk Options, select the Check Defective Sectors option and try to recover them.
Cleaning the Windows Registry Manually
If your registry expands, the performance of your operating system may be affected.
Launch the Windows registry editor.
- Click the “Start” button and select “Run….”.
- Type regedit in the text box.
- Press “Enter” or click “Ok”.
Save your existing registry before making changes.
- Click on the “File” menu and select “Export”.
- Select “All” in the “Export Range” window.
- Select a location for saving and enter a name.
- Click “Save”.