Recover files instantly, with this easy-to-use file and data recovery software.
PC Tools File Recover is a powerful tool that helps you recover and restore deleted files from any type of storage device. File Recover allows you to recover critically important documents, or other files, which have been lost by accidental deletion. These files may be lost by emptying the Recycle Bin, or using other deletion actions that bypass the Recycle Bin altogether.
Such actions include Windows Shift-Delete, command line deletion, deleting excessively large files or using applications that delete files without the Recycle Bin. When a file is deleted from the Recycle Bin, or if the recycle bin is bypassed altogether, the file can no longer be recovered by the Windows Operating system.
The content of the file still remains on the drive, relatively intact, until the section of the drive it occupies is overwritten by another file. File Recover identifies the contents of such lost files on the hard drive and allows you to recover them.
If a file has been partially overwritten, File Recover attempts to reconstruct as much of the file as possible with the remaining contents. This allows you to salvage at least part, if not all, of that recovered file to continue using it as required.
Here are some key features of “PC Tools File Recover”:
· Restores files from hard drives, floppy disks and other types of fixed media
· Powered by a rapid scan engine that can find and recover lost files in minutes
· Allows you to specify what drives you want to scan, the file types you want to scan for, the size of your files, and even the file names you want to find and recover
· Utilizes a non-destructive, read-only file recovery approach that won’t damage your lost files
· Supports IDE/ATA/SCSI hard drives
· Supports hard drives formatted with FAT16, FAT32 and NTFS file systems
· Pentium 4 or equivalent 233 Mhz minimum, (Core 2Duo or equivalent 300 Mhz recommended)
· 64 MB minimum (128 MB recommended)
· 50 MB free disk space
· 1024×768 screen resolution
· CD-ROM drive (if not installing via electronic software download)
· Internet access is required to register product and receive product updates)