The Winamp application was developed to be more than just a player. It’s your window to the multimedia world. From MP3s to streaming video, Winamp is the one place you go to feed your audio/video habit.
Here are just some of the hot, new things you can do with the latest version of Winamp:
- Winamp can use both Modern and Classic skins, so you can be both hip and retro at the same time.
- Winamp gives you easy and organized access to your favorite media. That’s what you call mass media.
- Winamp can play a huge variety of audio and video formats right out of the installation.
- You get access to hundreds of free audio and video channels in the Media Library. This ain’t your father’s library.
- Winamp can burn your music to Audio CDs. Burn baby burn!
- Winamp makes it easy to create and manage your favorite songs through playlists. Yes, you can be your own DJ.
- Winamp allows you to extend its functionality through the use of “plug-ins” Its like the Mr. Potato Head of music.
- Winamp can manage all of your portable media players and devices. Plug in, turn on, tune in, drop out…
- Winamp allows you to alter the sound of your music through a built-in Equalizer. An audio receiver right on your computer.
- Winamp allows you to watch visual effects that are driven from your music with Visualizations. From flaming fireballs to screaming strobe effects, it’s all there.
Winamp Main Window:
- Winamp 5.5 features our new Bento Skin that’s easier to use and more powerful than ever.
- Easily access the Media Library, Playlist Editor, Video, Visualizations, Media Monitor Browser, EQ, Skin Options and Color Themes all from one single user interface.
- Includes over 20 color themes that suit nearly every mood or occasion!
- Winamp 5.5 carries forward the unobtrusive “Window Shade” mode.
Winamp Playlist Editor
- Drag and drop media directly into a Playlist from Windows Explorer or the Media Library
- Jump directly to an item within the list by double clicking it or selecting the item and pressing Enter
- Sort Playlists by title, file name, or path and file name
- Easily Open and Save Playlists from the Manage Playlist button
- Organize and find your favorite songs and videos in ONE place
- Rip your favorite music CDs into AAC, MP3, WMA, WAV or FLAC (Ripping limited to ~6x speeds for free users. MP3 encoding is only available in Winamp Pro)
- Burn your favorite music compilations to Audio CD (limited to 2x speed for free users)
- Media Library “Smart Views” allow you to easily create rule based lists of your media
- Easily modify your music collections tags (Artist, Album, Genre, Title, etc.)
- Download and view cover art for all of your albums
Easily tune into user created Internet TV and Radio stations
Over 10,000 SHOUTcast Radio stations and 250 Internet TV channels to choose from
Bookmark your favorite stations and channels for future access
Hundreds of Winamp Music and AOL Videos for your viewing pleasure
Other integrated features include: In2TV, Games, Winamp Remote, and more.
- Now Playing
View album art, artist biographies, discographies
Keep track of your favorite artists by browsing fan sites and news articles presented in the client
Easily purchase your favorite CDs, memorabilia, or just sell your own
- Download or subscribe to music and video podcasts via the Podcast Directory
- Easily manage all of your Portable Media Players. Winamp natively supports the following devices:
iPod (Original, Shuffle, Nano & Classic, but NOT iTouch or iPhone)
PlaysForSure (P4S) devices
- Browse any website in the Bento Browser
- Easily add and customize your own favorite links
- Use the Media Monitor to list and download music from MP3 Blogs
- Use the Smart Search to search for skins, plugins, concerts, videos…
- Quick access to Help & Support, and more
- Play many major video formats (AVI, NSV, WMV, MPG, etc.) with ease
- Easily resize video playback using the 1x, 2x, and Maximize window buttons
- Watch your favorite videos in Full Screen mode
- Quick access to dozens of Internet TV stations created by users
- Winamp 5.5 comes bundled with the latest version of the ground breaking AVS (Advanced Visualization Studio) and Milkdrop visualizers
- Enjoy over 100 bundled visualization presets created by users
- Switch between presets manually or sit back and watch your presets on Random
- Easily jump to Full Screen mode
- Download new visualizations and presets from Winamp.com
- Shift the sound from both speakers to left or right using the Balance slider
- Enable Cross Fading to transition the audio smoothly from one song to another
- Select from the dozens of EQ presets to tune the sound
- Create your own EQ settings and save them for future use
Here are some key features of “Winamp 5 Full”:
· Purchase tickets, find lyrics, & download music directly from your media player
· Windows 7 Compliant
· Winamp Orgler lets you track, chart and share your Winamp listening history
· Find & manage Add-ons directly in your media player
· Improved iPod Sync Support
· New iTunes Library Import
· Online Services Gallery
· OurStage Radio Online Services
· Turkish, Romanian and Portuguese Language Packs
· Now Playing: Discover Artist Songs, Videos, Radio and Photos
· AOL Radio Powered by CBS Radio
· Expanded Flash video support
· Media Monitor: Playing music on the web just got even better
· Language packs available in Chinese, Japanese and Korean
· Updated Winamp toolbar – control Winamp from your browser
· A Redesigned Unified Interface, including Album Art
· Remote Music and Video Playback and Sharing
· Dynamic Song Recommendations Playlist Feature
· Multi-channel MP3 Surround Support
· Mass Auto-Tagger Provides Latest Music Metadata
· Integrated Web Search for Artist and Track Information
· Album Art Support for Portable Devices
· Updated Podcast Directory and Download Manager
· Fully Integrated Web browser and customizable links
· New Visualizer Plug-in – Milkdrop 2
· Portable Device Sync support
· Expanded Podcast Directory
· Smart views with new pre-sets for dynamic playlists
· Plays an insane amount of audio and video types
· Compatible with Winamp 2 Plug-ins
· Full Support for Classic Skins
· Full Support for Modern Skins
· Access over 30,000 SHOUTcast Radio Stations
· Enjoy thousands of free songs and videos
· Playback the AOL Video catalogue of video content
· Listen to AOL Radio stations
· 500MHz Pentium III or comparable
· 256MB RAM
· 20MB Hard Disk Space
· 16bit Sound Card
· DirectX 9.0c (for watching videos and Milkdrop vis)
· Internet Explorer 5.01 or higher (for Online Services)
· 1x speed or greater CD Burner (Required for Burning)
· 2x speed or greater CDROM (Required for Ripping)
What’s New in This Release:
· New: Hungarian and Indonesian installer translations and language packs
· New: [enc_vorbis] Ogg Vorbis Encoder (based on aoTuV)
· Improved: Shift+F10 app key support in the Media Library
· Improved: [enc_fhgaac] Added VBR mode 6, plus other minor quality improvements
· Improved: [in_mod] Refactored, simplified and threadsafe memory allocation
· Improved: [ml_history] Save playcounts when updated instead of only on exit
· Improved: [ml_local] Increased search query buffers from 512 or 1024 to 2048 bytes
· Improved: [gen_hotkeys] Added manual advance and visualization specific actions
· Fixed: Embedded album art not working in some scenarios
· Fixed: [aacdec] Memory leak when re-syncing to AAC stream
· Fixed: [bmp] Bounds checking in TSCC decoder
· Fixed: [bmp] Heap overflow issues (thanks: Secunia)
· Fixed: [in_avi] Divide-by-zero and NULL pointer issues (thanks: FuzzMyApp)
· Fixed: [in_mod] .IT memory & heap corruption issues (thanks: Jeremy Brown, MSVR)
· Fixed: [ml_local] Crash in MLDBAPI::SetFi…